Two More Plastics for Pawls

Someone brought Ertalyte and Ertalyte TX to my attention as possible materials for pawls. The data sheet properties looked promising, so I bought a small quantity of each and made pawls. I tested these on the low speed tester, as before.
Pawl Wear 3
But the result was disappointing. Until I find a pawl design that is quiet enough that I can use metal, I am sticking with Delrin.
I am starting to wonder if my pawls are just too big. If that is the problem, then the new pawl design (April 11, 2011) is a step in the wrong direction.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Materials, Pawl, Testing. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s